XXVII Summer School
"Nonlinear Oscillations in Mechanical Systems (NOMS) - 99"
Russia, St.Petersburg (Repino),
September 1-8, 1999
[Call for papers]
The Summer school NOMS'99 is organized by
NOMS'99 is the twenty-seventh in a series of annual summer schools held by
Russian Academy of Sciences. It is devoted to
the 275 Anniversary of Russian Academy of Sciences.
Institute of Problems of
Mechanical Engineering of Russian Academy of Sciences
in cooperation with
Gesellschaft für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik (GAMM).
The purpose of the school is to attract the attention of researchers to recent
results in any fields of fundamental mechanics, including:
to see the preliminary programme.
nonlinear oscillations, chaos, stability and control
fluid and gas mechanics
numerical analysis (finite elements, boundary elements and wavelets)
wave motion and acoustics
multibody systems and kinematics
- A.K. Abramian (IPME RAS, St. Petersburg) - Scientific Secretary
- I.I. Blekhman (IPME RAS, St. Petersburg)
- A. Castellanos (University of Seville, Spain)
- K.V. Frolov (Institute of Machine Science, Russian Academy of Science,
- D.A. Indeitsev (IPME RAS, St.Petersburg) - Vice-Chairman
- D.P. Kouzov (St.Petersburg Marine Technical University, IPME RAS)
- G.A. Leonov (St.Petersburg State University, IPME RAS)
- T. Miloh (Tel-Aviv University, Israel)
- N.F. Morozov (St.Petersburg State University, IPME RAS)
- V.A. Palmov (St.Petersburg Technical University, IPME RAS) - Chairman
- Y.G. Panovko (IPME RAS)
- E.A. Tropp (A.F. Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute)
- J. Wauer (University of Karlsruhe, Germany)
- P.A. Zhilin (St.Petersburg State Technical University, IPME RAS)
- F. Ziegler (Technical University, Vienna, Austria)
Local organizing committee
S.N. Gavrilov (IPME RAS)
E.F. Grekova (IPME RAS)
T.V. Naumova (IPME RAS)
E.E. Pavlovskaya (St. Petersburg State University)
E.V. Serogo (IPME RAS)
M.G. Zeitlin (IPME RAS)
- The conference fee is $95 which includes information materials, program,
the price of accommodation in the hotel where the School will be held
is now $17 per day (single room) and $14 per day (a bed in a double-bed room),
including breakfast, dinner and supper; this fee may be also included into
receipt. Accommodation fee may change due to unstable economical situation
but not a lot.
Call for Papers
There will be given plenary and semi-plenary lectures and short communications
(20 minutes). The working languages for the school are
English and Russian.
Authors who wish to present a contributed lecture should submit
a one page abstract in English (LaTeX format). Please click
here to get the file
with sample. Authors are kindly asked to submit the abstract of their
presentation via e-mail to
Deadline: July 5, 1999.
The paper for proceedings (8 pages for a short communication, 15 pages
for invited lecture) must be presented in both electronic form (LaTeX)
via e-mail and camera ready form (A4, all margins are 2.5 cm, 12 pt,
article). Numbers of pages must NOT be typed and should be slightly written by a pencil
on the BACK side of each page together with the name of a speaker
(e.g. 1 Poincaré, ..., 8 Poincaré).
We kindly ask you to submit us two hardcopies.
Please use this
for preparation of your paper. You may insert figures in encapsulated PostScript
format in your text.
Deadline: August 20, 1999.
Repino is located on the cost of the Gulf of Finland, 40 km from the
city. Pansionat "Zarya", Repino can be reached by 3 ways:
- from Finland railway station to station "Repino" by train
- from metro station "Chernaya Rechka" by bus #411 to station
"Repino, pansionat Zarya".
- from station "Zelenogorsk" (reached from Finland railway
station) by some buses to station "Repino, pansionat Zarya".
During September in St. Petersburg you can expect a good weather
when it is neither hot nor cold, and colours of autumn are beautiful.
The temperature may vary between 10-20 degrees C. Rainy days may occur.
You may look the
weather forecast in the net.
Address of the Organizing Committee:
Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering of Russian Academy of
Bolshoy pr. V.O., 61, St.Petersburg, 199178, Russia
Phone: (7-812)-3214772; Fax : (7-812)-3214771